Oct 20, 2008

F1 Photographer

(C) MARTIN TRENKLER PHOTOGRAPHY

Straying a bit from the darker side of fine art, I'd like to share the work of my favorite Formula 1 photographer, Martin Trenkler.

(C) MARTIN TRENKLER PHOTOGRAPHY

I always look forward to seeing his recap of race weekends. I love that he manages to capture all of the different aspects of the weekend, not just the racing. His recaps are hodgepodge full of abstracts, eye candy (i.e. the grid girls), atmosphere and emotion. Of course he has plenty of race and sometimes crash shots as well. Quite the opposite of what the fine art photographer does when they create a very singular cohesive body of work. His site also mentions that you can contact him about using/buying his images "simply as an art print". I think I might be inquiring about that.

(C) MARTIN TRENKLER PHOTOGRAPHY

If I wasn't doing fine art and knew anything about shooting hi speed sports, Martin's job would be on top of my list of things to do. Thanks to Martin for permission to use his photos!

(C) MARTIN TRENKLER PHOTOGRAPHY

(C) MARTIN TRENKLER PHOTOGRAPHY

No comments: