Jul 17, 2010

fuckin' leeches!

You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes you might find

You get what you need

- rolling stones

leeches © cinemascapist 2010

(NOTE: the story below is the behind the scenes factual narrative, but of course it's up to you, the viewer, to create your own story and fill in the blanks for yourself. If you don't want to be influenced, just don't read the story below. If you do, I apologize in advance if my story hinders your ability to read into this image on your own)

So I was thinking about that Rolling Stones song during/after this shot. Initial plan was somewhat different for this image and involved me swimming out there in that river. After standing about knee high in the waters for a minute contemplating where to swim out to and where my focal point was, I realized I was slowy sinking into the muddy banks. After a little challenge of lifting my legs out of the thick mud, I felt bits of mud stuck to my ankles.

Well...after looking down, I quickly realized it wasn't mud. It was a couple blood sucking leeches thinking about partying on my blood supply. Now anyone that knows me, knows that I don't dig creepy crawlies of any kind. I'm downright arachnophobic and generally a sissy about other shit as well. So even though I knew I hadn't gone more than knee deep, my phobia panic set in and I started feeling things all over my body and started swatting at everything and everywhere on my body. As luck would have it, for some reason I was clicking away with the remote and ended up with a few nice panels for that portion of the pano.

Moral of the story is that leeches fucking suck and spontaneous picturing can be a good thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome, I could feel your panic! Thank goodness the mud stopped you from discovering just how disturbing leeches can be above the ankles!

Ari Litton said...

Awesome indeed!
Although leeches might be the least of your worries as it feels like you are about to be eaten by some prehistoric creature from the depths.